• Examination of receipts & expenditure statements.
• Sale and lease of Corporation properties.
• Examination of schedule of rates.
• All proposals affecting finances of Corporation.
• Supervision of revenue & expenditure.
General Functions Committee
• Establishment matters.
• Construction of buildings, roads
& urban housing.
• Relief against natural
• Water supply & sewerage
• Health & sanitation.
• All miscellaneous residuary
Social Justice Committee
of education, social, cultural, and other interests of SC, ST, BC and weaker
• Protection from social injustice
and all forms of exploitation.
• Securing social justice to SC, ST,
women and other weaker sections of society.
Tree Authority Committee
Tree Authority Committee under the Chairpersonship of Hon.
Mayor has been constituted in MC Shimla under Section 340 of THE HIMACHAL
PRADESH MUNICIPAL CORPORATION ACT, 1994.
Any person intending to cut, fell or remove a tree within the
territorial jurisdiction of the Municipal corporation shall make an application
to the Divisional Forest Officer (Tree Officer), in such form and containing
such particulars and accompanied by such documents as may be prescribed.
Tree Authority Committee on receipt of application from any
person to fell any standing tree or to cut, lop, remove or otherwise dispose of
a fallen tree, the Tree Authority after making such inquiry as it may think
fit, and with prior approval of the Government either permit in whole or in
part or refuse the permission applied for.
Constitution of Tree Authority.
(i) The Hon, Mayor of
the Municipal Corporation , (Chairperson)
(ii) The Commissioner Municipal Corporation, (Member)
(iii) The Divisional
Forest Officer (Tree Officer/Member Secretary)
(iv) The District
(v) One Councillor nominated by the Mayor.
• For disposal of objections relating
to tax assessment.